Splunk Search

Splunk encountered the following unknown module: "StaticContentSample".

mmletzko
Path Finder

Not sure what changed, but all of a sudden on one of our Splunk boxes I'm getting errors when navigating, and for screens that do happen to work, the formatting is messed up.

Here's the error trying to use Search:

"Splunk encountered the following unknown module: "StaticContentSample." The view may not load properly.". When I click OK, I get another but with a different module.

"Splunk encountered the following unknown module: "SearchLinkLister." The view may not load properly.".

After I click OK on the 2nd one, the screen is left in shambles - very strange formatting...and I cannot use search.

I also get one of these errors when trying to access the "License" section.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would turn off JS minification. I've seen bugs around that feature that resulted in the same symptom back in 4.1.x and I think in 4.2.X, so it's worth a shot.

In $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/web.conf, in the [settings] stanza, put
minify_js = False

if you have no etc/system/local/web.conf, then create it, and have its contents be:

[settings]
minify_js = False

splunk0spam

I get the same alert in Firefox, 3 times:

"Splunk encountered the following unknown module: "SearchLinkLister." The view may not load properly."

The upper, right-hand, "loading" bar remains; global summary and index data is not loaded on the Summary page.

Splunk 4.1.6 build 89596, Solaris 10, SPARC. After having done an upgrade from 4.1.2, build 79191.

It appears to be related to using the IP address, instead of the FQDN, as the URL to log in to the splunk web interface.

Splunk devs: Care to elaborate?

0 Karma

fmlmatt

I am getting this error on Splunk 4.1.6 build 89596

0 Karma

Blu3fish
Path Finder

Which version are you on? I'm using Splunk 4.2 (build 90528) and I'm experiencing the same issue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...