Splunk Search

Splunk add-on for AWS: In a generic S3 input, can a key-prefix contain a wildcard?

travislelledeep
Explorer

Trying to use a key-prefix when setting up a Generic S3 input that utilizes a wildcard in the path, but it doesn't look to be working.

S3 key prefix = /AWSLogs/*/vpcflowlogs/

Has anyone had any luck in setting this up before?

ColinJacksonPS
Path Finder

I'm trying to do the same thing. Anyone hear anything? 

0 Karma

travislelledeep
Explorer

Also to clarify - since it doesn't appear I can edit my post - this was setup via the GUI, so ignore the inputs.conf-like formatting of my example, since this wasn't setup in a .conf file, I was just representing what I used for my S3 key prefix.

0 Karma

mpresseau

Did you resolve this? I have a similar issue trying to find the proper format for this field. Not sure if prefix means part of a file, or the folder within a bucket to be looking at....

I have logs/ in that field, thinking that it is grabbing that folder but it is pulling hundreds of GB from S3, even though there are only 2GB worth of compressed log files in that folder...

Hope you found something?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...