Splunk Search

Splunk DB Connect Connection To SQL

Prakash493
Communicator

My DB connect app is hosted on the Splunk Heavy forwarder and i need to create a connection to SQL server. I got the server address and the port number is 1433. I need to request firewall access to from my HF to the db server over port 1433. Do i need to provide the any port number from my HF so the Firewall can be opened to communicate ?

Or i just need to give my HF IP address to the firewall team to open connection to db server ip with port 1433 ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

For that communication you only need to be sure to open that port for both INPUT and OUTPUT, on both the DB node and your dbconnect node.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...