Splunk Search

Splunk Admin searches being queued, but not running.

djreschke
Communicator

Good afternoon everyone, 

I am the Splunk admin for our instance of Splunk, and yesterday later in the afternoon, I noticed that my searches were not running anymore, and that everything was being sent to the queue? In my troubleshooting efforts I signed into another searchhead, and ran a similar search with successful results. 

Today, I thought what could be causing the issue was, i have a lot of saved searches that run with my username as the owner, so reassigned those knowledge objects, which did not fix the issue. I can see other users running searches, with no issue, so it appears to be my account. 

Any advice of where to look next or has anyone experienced this issue before? 

I am running 7.2.8 for on my searchheads and using my account not the local admin account. 

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

djreschke
Communicator

Thanks Everyone for your feedback on this topic, I did have a few jobs that need purged, and I did perform a full restart, but it was a combination of the above comments/suggestions that help and have yet to experience the issue again. 

0 Karma

djreschke
Communicator

Good morning everyone, 

Sorry for the late update, but a full restart did not work and I checked the running jobs and I don't have any running, just 5 in queue, which they have been stopped. Checking internal logs this morning. 

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
And how many finalised/failed etc. jobs you have there waiting for purge?

bobd32
Engager

Full restart! 

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Check if your quotas has full. You could open jobs and remove some old finalized jobs and if your new jobs starts after this you know the reason. You could also check the situation from internal logs on node.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...