Splunk Search

Sorting top 10 values of one column base on the value of the other column.

sdhawanx
Path Finder

I have a search query that gives the supposed following results(just an example).

Name

WW

Name2

Result

Type

Value

Abc

Prod

Pass

A

Xyz

Prod

Pass

Dr

Sound

Abc

Test

Fail

Def

Test

Fail

Td

Wifi

Def

Prod2

Pass

Gf

Printer

Xyz

Test1

Fail

Fr

Audio

Abc

Prod1

Pass

Cs

Audio

now i am required to sort out the results in such a way that the top 10 results for ABC as per WW are displayed first, then top 10 results for Def as per WW and so on. Can someone help me out to see if this is possible through queries. 

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What has this to do with regex?

Sort your table by Name (ascending) and WW (descending), then use streamstats to add a count by Name called row (for example), then a where clause where row < 11

| sort Name -WW
| streamstats count as row by Name
| where row < 11

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What has this to do with regex?

Sort your table by Name (ascending) and WW (descending), then use streamstats to add a count by Name called row (for example), then a where clause where row < 11

| sort Name -WW
| streamstats count as row by Name
| where row < 11

sdhawanx
Path Finder

I am using Regex in my queries that are effecting the results in this table. but I was advised not to put the query here as it has some proprietary data, so i edited the question but I forgot to take to the regex tag.  Sorry missing that out.

0 Karma

sdhawanx
Path Finder

This works fine. Thanks for the help.  Cheers...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...