Splunk Search

Setting static Y-Axis range for Timechart used in Glass Table

chillsgrove
Explorer

I've created a glass table to display system memory and CPU usage by percent using the Timechart visualization option. I want to set the y-axis range 0 - 100 so that the timecharts are consistent with how they show spikes. Although this is easy to due in Splunk's Visualization editor, unfortunately I don't see an option to do this in the glass table configuration interface (unless I'm missing it somehow).

Does anyone know how to set the y-axis range in the glass table?

0 Karma

lloydknight
Builder

Hello @chillsgrove

you mean in Deep Dive upon drilldown on KPIs inside the Glass Table? As Glass Tables can be just a blank canvass or just an image (usually an existing architectural diagram).

0 Karma

chillsgrove
Explorer

Hi! I'm referring to a ad-hoc search widget inside of a glass table. A timechart is one of the "Viz Type" options, however, the y-axis range is dynamic. I'm hoping there's a way to make it static.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...