Splunk Search

Searches delayed in search head captain

btshivanand
Path Finder

Hi all,

We have 3 search heads are in cluster. serach head 1 is captain.Recently we upgraded to 7.2.3 to 8.0.3.after the upgrade i see that my search captain is in red and it showing search delayed  error.none of the users are complained for any thing.But not sure why we see search head captain is in red and saying searches delayed.I am sure something is wrong , can some one please help with this.

We tried restarting the and resync option.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

btshivanand
Path Finder

Thanks for the reply. i had researched alot and felt like none of the answers were helping me.still we have this error but its not harming anything.if you could help me in that it will be great. 

Are you asking me to shift captain to other search head.i have tried this captain remains in red always.

0 Karma

Dias
Explorer

Hi, we have the same problem in our topology. Did you find the solution for this answer? Your question only thing in splunk community.

0 Karma

TRex
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello!
Did you find a solution to this? We just experienced something similar and had to manually remove/change the captain (mutiny style) in order to fix the slowness.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...