Splunk Search

Search returns no result when including a ()

ToniHuynh
Explorer

Hi everyone,

I have trouble to decode the token which contains some special character such as (). Below is my search and it does not return any result because the ObjectName contains the () in it:

index=wineventlog EventCode=4660 OR EventCode=4663 Account_Name!="ANONYMOUS LOGON" host="myServer" Account_Name!="*$" 
| eval ObjectName=urldecode("D:\Company Data\Employee\contract\Michael (Tim)\Induction\Example (D) - .msg") 
| eval ObjectName=replace(ObjectName,"\\\\","\\\\\\")
| where match(Object_Name,ObjectName) 
| dedup _time host Account_Name Account_Domain Object_Name Accesses EventCodeDescription
| timechart span=60m count(Object_Name) as Changes by Account_Name

If the ObjectName does not contain () then it will work well. Could anyone help me decode it?

Thanks,

Toni

Labels (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Are you facing the issue in a dashboard token or in the search itself. Tried with the below sample search and it works fine and able to compare

|makeresults|eval ObjectName="D:\Company Data\Employee\contract\Michael (Tim)\Induction\Example (D) - .msg"
|eval object_name="D:\Company Data\Employee\contract\Michael (Tim)\Induction\Example (D) - .msg"
|eval status=if(ObjectName == object_name,"Equal","Not Equal")

Please let us know where exactly the search failing .

If Search with special characters also for the same issue, you may delete/close that post

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability - Improvements to Custom Metrics SLOs, Log Observer Connect & ...

The latest enhancements to the Splunk observability portfolio deliver improved SLO management accuracy, better ...

Improve Data Pipelines Using Splunk Data Management

Register Now   This Tech Talk will explore the pipeline management offerings Edge Processor and Ingest ...

3-2-1 Go! How Fast Can You Debug Microservices with Observability Cloud?

Register Join this Tech Talk to learn how unique features like Service Centric Views, Tag Spotlight, and ...