Splunk Search

Search key with variable

hello_world15
Engager

I have events like this: Desc_1=eth1
Desc_50=vlan.10
Desc_123=vlan.20

the key is in Descr_* format and I want to have a search and disply as select box like this.

<option value="Desc_1">eth1</option>
<option value="Desc_50">vlan.10</option>
<option value="Desc_123">vlan.20</option>

I have some try but no luck because the key is not static... Thanks alot.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

This section of the docs covers this pretty well. http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Developer/AddDropDowns

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Have a look at the fieldForValue and fieldForLabel parameters. One is used for setting the label, and one for setting the value.

0 Karma

hello_world15
Engager

Sorry, may be I have not described my question clearly.

Acutally I need to have a search result like this, so that I will make it become select box.

key value
Desc_1 eth1
Desc_50 vlan.10
Desc_123 vlan.20

Since the key is in Desc_* format, i tried the search like this not work:

Desc_* | stats count by Descr_*

Thanks a lot.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...