Splunk Search

Search - Combine different events which are results of a single search command

JP
Explorer

Hi,

My Jenkins sends my testresults data for the same job (Automation regression tests job)  to Splunk in multiple events.

For example, 

Results of single search query - One event has my job details like job duration, job_start_date etc, another event has my test results details like testcasename, test status etc. Now I would like to fetch job_start_date and job_duration from one event and introduce this as new fields along with my second events. So that I can have one table with all details.

Firstsearchresults.png

JP_1-1626809502293.png

These are the data I have, both these results are linked to each other through job_name.

Now I would like to have job_Start_Date and job_duration for each of my test case.

I tried to use Joins (this would not give me job_duration, job_Start_Date for every record in my table), eval also did not work.

Is there any other command that would help in this case ? Can someone guide please. 

Thanks.

Labels (4)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try appending the second search to the first and then use stats values(*) as * by job_name

0 Karma

JP
Explorer

@ITWhisperer  This is my first search that get the results in a table

index=jenkins* host=opsdev-app-jenkins.route53.com
| search job_name=Dev/TestAutomation/Cert1_Regression source="/test"
| spath path=testsuite.testcase{} output=testcase
| mvexpand testcase
| spath input=testcase path=classname output=tclassname
| spath input=testcase path=testname output=testname
| spath input=testcase path=status output=status
| rename metadata.Auto.Environment AS Environment
| table job_started_at job_duration job_name Environment tclassname testname status

Tried to do append search like below, still job_duration and job_started_at are not populated.

index=jenkins* host=opsdev-app-jenkins.route53.com
| search job_name=DevTestAutomation/gNS_Cert1_Regression source="/test"
| append [search job_name=Dev/TestAutomation/_Cert1_Regression host=opsdev-app-jenkins.route53.com event_tag=job_event | stats values(*) as * by job_name]
| spath path=testsuite.testcase{} output=testcase
| mvexpand testcase
| spath input=testcase path=classname output=tclassname
| spath input=testcase path=testname output=testname
| spath input=testcase path=status output=status
| rename metadata.Auto.Environment AS Environment
| table job_started_at job_duration job_name Environment tclassname testname status

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...