Splunk Search

Schedule search with updating value in lookup

k31453
Explorer

Hi, I have following data which I use search to find from last 30 days and save it into lookup: 

CustomersOld Acquired ProductNew Acquired Product
JackProduct 1Product 2
Alan Product 4Product 5
ChrisProduct 3Product 2
CebProduct 5Product 3

Now, I know every day or every few days each customers products are changing as they are acquiring new products. Here is what I want to do:

• Create saved search 
  • Modifying existing lookup to ensure each customer key value update accordingly:

For e.g. next day customer Jack and chris acquired new product. So saved search schedule will pick up the change and update the lookup as follow:

CustomersOld Acquired ProductNew Acquired Product
JackProduct 2Product 4
Alan Product 4Product 5
ChrisProduct 3Product 2
CebProduct 3Product 2

i know i have to use outputlookup and lookup command but i have fear it is going to overwrite it. 

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, outputlookup will update the store - you possibly want to merge the current store with the results from the search which is finding the updates, then output the whole store

| inputlookup store.csv
| append
  [ search for new state ]
| outputlookup store.csv append=f
0 Karma

k31453
Explorer

However it will have duplicate values which I would like to avoid. Otherwise lookup file will be huge.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| stats latest(oldproduct) as oldproduct latest(newproduct) as newproduct by customerid

This way you only keep a single event for each customerid (assuming you are using append=f on the outputlookup)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...