Splunk Search

SPL search query to combine two tables

MikeJu25
Path Finder

Hi,

I have database table and anomaly table. Both tables have a field database_id. Now I am interested in the status and confidence fields in anomaly table as well as data_source and ip fields in database table. I want to combine them into one table based on the database_id. I tried some queries like below but its result was not as expected. 

index=anomalies | JOIN type=left database_id [SEARCH index=assets] | fields anomaly_id, confidence, current_status, database_id, source_type, ip 

How could I write a query that returns a table showing the info for all anomalies as well as the database info related to that anomaly using database_id as a bridge? 

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Labels (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In what way were they not as expected?

0 Karma

MikeJu25
Path Finder

Seems like it works for now! Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...