Splunk Search

Rex has exceeded configured match_limit, consider raising the value in limits.conf.

ssh
Engager

In our log, I'd like to extract statusText and categorize it in table to see how many error response statusCode and statusText.
EX:

eventSourcestatusCodestatusText
bulkDelete10203031: No Card found with the identifier for the request

But my query is getting "has exceeded configured match_limit, consider raising the value in limits.conf." after using fields extraction.

index = xxx sourcetype=xxx "Publish message on SQS" | search bulkDelete | rex field=_raw "(?ms)^(?:[^:\\n]*:){7}\"(?P<error_bulkDelete>[^\"]+)(?:[^:\\n]*:){2}\"(?P<error_errorCode>[^\"]+)[^:\\n]*:\"(?P<error_desc>[^\"]+)(?:[^:\\n]*:){6}\\\\\"(?P<error_statusText>[^\\\\]+)" offset_field=_extracted_fields_bounds

Target log:

Publish message on SQS, queueName=xxx, retryCount=0, message={"traceId":"xxx1112233","clientContext":"xxxxxclientContext","cardTokenReferenceId":"xxxcardTokenReferenceId","eventSource":"bulkDelete","errors":[{"errorCode":"52099","errorDescription":"Feign Client Exception.","retryCategory":"RETRYABLE","errorDetails":"{\"clientContext\":\"xxxxxclientContext\",\"ewSID\":\"xxxxSID\",\"statusCode\":\"1020\",\"statusText\":\"3031: No Card found with the identifier for the request\",\"timestampISO8601\":\"2024-04-05T00:00:26Z\"}"}]}

I checked similar posts, they suggested to use non-greedy?

So I tried:

index = "xxx" sourcetype=xxx "Publish message on SQS*" bulkDelete | rex field=_raw "\"statusText\":\s*\"(?P<statusText>[^\"]+)\"" | where NOT LIKE( statusText, "%Success%")

If I add "| table", I will get blank content on statusText

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

marnall
Builder

Yes you could exclude successful responses by adding a filter. Assuming that all errors have an errorCode and all non-errors do not, then you could do it like this:

index = xxx sourcetype=xxx "Publish message on SQS" bulkDelete
| rex field=_raw "message=(?<message>{.*}$)"
| spath input=message
| search "errors{}.errorCode" = *
| spath input=errors{}.errorDetails
| table eventSource statusCode statusText

View solution in original post

marnall
Builder

Yes you could exclude successful responses by adding a filter. Assuming that all errors have an errorCode and all non-errors do not, then you could do it like this:

| spath input=message
| search "errors{}.errorCode" = *

marnall
Builder

You could try extracting the json object after message=, then spathing it until you get the fields you would like. E.g.

| spath input=message

ssh
Engager

Thanks, it looks like contain successful response, can we exclude it?

Publish message on SQS, queueName=xxx, retryCount=0, message={"traceId":"xxxtraceId","clientContext":"xxxclientContext","cardTokenReferenceId":"xxxCardTokenReferenceId","eventSource":"bulkDelete","walletWebResponse":{"clientContext":"xxxclientContext","ewSID":"xxxSID,"timestampISO8601":"2024-04-05T00:00:14Z","statusCode":"0","statusText":"Success"}}

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 2.40.42 PM.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...