Splunk Search

Request for Assistance

singhvikas
Explorer

Hi Community,

I'm new to this world. I saw some very helpful people helping out new starters so I gathered courage to ask a question. 

https://opstune.com/2020/07/01/spl-nuggets-visualizing-rdp-ts-connections-from-eventlogs/

I was hoping to modify the query to give me a nice visualization of RDP Activity focusing only on the 1149 Events. 

index="xxxx" LogName="Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager/Operational" EventCode=1149| eval time=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ") | rex field=_raw ".*User:\s+(?<User>.*)\r\n" | rex field=_raw ".*Domain:\s+(?<Domain>.*)\r\n" | rex field=_raw ".*Network\sAddress:\s+(?<IP>.*)" | table host, time, User, Domain, IP

This gives me a very pretty tabular format of RDP attempts (not confirmed successful logins at times, but will do) 

How could I possibly edit the query in Github to cater to my needs? 

Apart from this, is there a way we can visualize (4624?) or Lateral Movement in the form of a picture/timeline using Splunk?

Thank you,

Vikas

Labels (4)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...