Splunk Search

Reformat table so values become Column headings

DanielFordWA
Contributor

I have a search that ends with

| stats sum(count) AS Hits by _time GUID cs_uri_stem

Which results in a table

alt text

I would like to reformat the table as follows, but have had some difficulty.

alt text

Any help much appreciated!

0 Karma
1 Solution

vasanthmss
Motivator

Hi DanielFordWA,

Try the below search,

... | stats sum(count) AS Hits by _time GUID cs_uri_stem | eval time=strftime(_time,"%+") | eval temp=time+"##"+GUID| table temp cs_uri_stem Hits | xyseries temp, cs_uri_stem Hits | fillnull | rex field=temp "(?<time>.*)##(?<GUID>.*)" | fields - temp | table time, GUID *

I have combined _time and GUID by "##" named as temp field, used xyseries to format the results as you expect. later extract the time and GUID from temp field.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks,
V

V

View solution in original post

vasanthmss
Motivator

Hi DanielFordWA,

Try the below search,

... | stats sum(count) AS Hits by _time GUID cs_uri_stem | eval time=strftime(_time,"%+") | eval temp=time+"##"+GUID| table temp cs_uri_stem Hits | xyseries temp, cs_uri_stem Hits | fillnull | rex field=temp "(?<time>.*)##(?<GUID>.*)" | fields - temp | table time, GUID *

I have combined _time and GUID by "##" named as temp field, used xyseries to format the results as you expect. later extract the time and GUID from temp field.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks,
V

V
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...