Splunk Search

Realtime input: How to use time picker in real time in classic dashboard?

badrinath
Path Finder

I am unable to use time picker in real time in classic dashboard is it not supported or am I having this problem. 

so, I tried to use dashboard studio and created a dynamic dropdown input with help of a search query this was working fine but as soon as I use the real-time search for dynamic input it is showing error "the search may have been cancelled while there are still subscribers"

so, can anyone tell can we use real time searches for dynamic input dropdown if yes how? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Realtime searches are not usually recommended as they tie up cpus. Would a refresh option to you query serve your purpose?

</query>
        <refresh>10s</refresh>
      </search>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Realtime searches are not usually recommended as they tie up cpus. Would a refresh option to you query serve your purpose?

</query>
        <refresh>10s</refresh>
      </search>
0 Karma

badrinath
Path Finder

how to use refresh in dashboard studio?

0 Karma

badrinath
Path Finder

thankyou but instead of refreshing the whole dashboard can I just refresh a particular table or chart?

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can add it also for dataSources. Then it refresh those which are used that DS.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...