Splunk Search

Question about eval if 4 arguments

Abarny
Path Finder

Hi, i try to select on same event with different Values and they give result différent but Splunk find none result. Can you tell me what is wrong on my command ? Thanks

eval Agent= if(isnull(Agent) OR ( Agent=="aaa*", "bbb*") OR (Agent=="ccc*" , "ddd*" ,"reee*")OR (Agent=="*"),Messagerie, AC,MANAGERS,TECHNICIENS )

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Abarny
Path Finder

I try with your solution but I think it's false again. I am a trainee and I try to do my best. So just bear with me. ( and with my English :))

eval Personnel =case(Agent == null() , "Messagerie", Agent ==("aa*" OR "bb*"), "AC", Agent=="*",TECHNICIENS) |stats count by Personnel

The last Agent is for give the reste of the values

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Abarny
Path Finder

I try with your solution but I think it's false again. I am a trainee and I try to do my best. So just bear with me. ( and with my English :))

eval Personnel =case(Agent == null() , "Messagerie", Agent ==("aa*" OR "bb*"), "AC", Agent=="*",TECHNICIENS) |stats count by Personnel

The last Agent is for give the reste of the values

0 Karma

Abarny
Path Finder

Thanks you Somesoni2 !!

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

eval Personnel =case(isnull(Agent) , "Messagerie", like(Agent,"aa%") OR like(Agent,"bb%"), "AC", 1=1,TECHNICIENS) |stats count by Personnel

So,
If Agent is null - Personnel=Messagerie
if Agent="aa*" OR Agent="bb*"(in search * is wildcard, for like function in eval , % is wildcard), Personnel=AC
For all other cases, Personnel=TECHNICIENS

Abarny
Path Finder

Thanks you Somesoni2 !!

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

(field="value1", "value2") is not a valid eval expression. If you're looking for a list of possible values, you will need to spell them out explicitly like this: (field="value1" OR field="value2").

Similarly, if() only takes three arguments - the condition, the then-value, and the else value. If you're trying to test several conditions and yield a different result for each condition, you'll want to use case() like this: case(condition1, value1, condition2, value2, ...)

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.2/SearchReference/CommonEvalFunctions#Comparison_and...

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...