Splunk Search

Query time modifier

1234testtest
Path Finder

I have a saved search and I would like to limit the output to a specific timeframe- but unfortunately I am getting complete results and not the time range alone I want. | savedsearch test earliest=1355052259 latest=1355055859

(I am using sdk Splunk Java and I'm unable to get desired results either from sdk splunk java or from splunk web UI). Kindly help.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your search does not have placeholders $earliest$ and $latest$, so doing

| savedsearch test earliest=1355052259 latest=1355055859

makes no variable substitutions for earliest and latest happen.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your search does not have placeholders $earliest$ and $latest$, so doing

| savedsearch test earliest=1355052259 latest=1355055859

makes no variable substitutions for earliest and latest happen.

1234testtest
Path Finder

Thank you.

0 Karma

1234testtest
Path Finder

index="ia" sourcetype="test1" OR sourcetype="test2" | transaction fields="myfield" startswith="started" endswith="ended" | search index=ia duration>5 |convert ctime(_time) as Time | sort by Time

duration is an extracted field

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What's your search?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...