Splunk Search

Possible to place a graphic on a map in real-time every time an event occurs?

djconroy
Path Finder

I would like to use a map to pop a graphic up on a map for each time an event occurs in real-time.

I have use iplookup for other dashboards, but this will have to rely on a lookup table of locations corresponding zip codes. Rather than a heat map of event counts clustered, I would just like to pop up an image over each location for x seconds, or display images for the last x # of events.

I already have the real-time search that generates a table of the last 25 events with the field I need to cross-reference... outputting to a table with the latitude and longitude to populate the image. I just need to figure out how to pop the image on a map.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You'll need to write your own subclass of SimpleSplunkView (or related) in JS and use that in your dashboard. Within that, you can use mapping frameworks such as leaflet.js (included in Splunk 6) to do whatever you like on the map.

For a quick intro, Satoshi had a .conf presentation: Slides Recording App

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should see a global variable L that lets you get right on creating Map objects.

0 Karma

rlough
Path Finder

leaflet.js is included in Splunk 6? How do I include it on my page? I've been importing it from their website.

0 Karma

djconroy
Path Finder

Thanks, I will check that out!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...