Splunk Search

Percentage of successful events below SLA

neilhiley
Explorer

Have field (secs) and have 12 events 11 of them being under the SLA of 51(secs) I want to achieve a report to show percentage of SUCCESSFUL events how can I do this.

the percentage should be 91.67

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

fdi01
Motivator

try like this :

your_base_search | eventstats count as totalcount | chart count,first(totalcount) as totalcount by status | eval percentage=(count/totalcount)*100 + "%" 

note: status can be: SUCCESSFUL, FAILLURE, OPEN, CLOSED .....

0 Karma

aholzer
Motivator

This should do it:

<base search> | eval SLA = if(secs < 51, 1, 0) | stats count as TOTAL, sum(SLA) as SLA | eval percentage_success = (SLA / TOTAL) * 100

Here's the breakdown:

• eval SLA = if(secs < 51, 1, 0) => This will provide an SLA field with a 1 if it's within SLA, and 0 if it's outside SLA
  • stats count as TOTAL, sum(SLA) as SLA => This will provide the total count of events, by simply counting them, at the same time as "counting" the number of events within SLA. It will also consolidate the data into a single row
  • eval percentage_success = (SLA / TOTAL) * 100 => This will provide the percentage that you were looking for.

If you are interested in only displaying the percentage value, then you can add | fields percentage_success to the end of the search I gave you.

Hope this helps

0 Karma

neilhiley
Explorer

Perfect thanks guys

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This should do it:

... | stats count AS Total count(eval(secs<51)) AS ViolatedSLA BY host | eval PerformancePct=((ViolatedSLA/Total)*100)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...