Splunk Search

Paring events in a table

trever
Loves-to-Learn

I have events that happen in pairs. A request and a response from a server. What I would like to do is be able to easily table those side by side. Right now they return in the normal table but id like to be able to see them side by side instead. Right now I'm rexing out the data to able it. Is there a way to accomplish this? I need them in pairs of 2. So if some reason there is 4, which isn't normal, it would do two rows with 2 columns.

This is what I'm doing right now:

[query]
| rex field=message "(Received|Sent) raw (?<processor>.*) (response|request) (?<raw_message>.*})"
| table raw_message
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
 [query]
 | rex field=message "(?<method>Received|Sent) raw (?<processor>.*) (?<status>response|request) (?<raw_message>.*})"
 |stats list(method) as method list(status) as status list(raw_message) as raw_message by processor
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...