Splunk Search

Null iplocation data

hagjos43
Contributor

Hello,
I have the following query:

. . .  | iplocation ClientIP | eval GeoLocation=case(Country="United States", "United States", Country=" ", "Views from Unknown Origins", Country!="United States" AND Country!=" ", "International") | top limit=3 GeoLocation | eval percent = round(percent,2) . " %"

The output of this query returns results like this:
GeoLocation     count       percent
United States   900         90%
International   100         10%

However it is not returning if the value for Country is null, I've ran the search and I know for the given time range null values exist for the country field. Can this work within the eval case() query?

0 Karma

hagjos43
Contributor

I figured out my own issue. fillnull fixed it!

Below is the working query:

| iplocation ClientIP | fillnull value="Unknown" Country | eval GeoLocation=case(Country="United States", "Views from the United States", Country="Unknown", "Views from Unknown Origins", Country!="United States" AND Country!="Unknown", "International Views") | top limit=3 GeoLocation | eval percent = round(percent,2) . " %"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...