Splunk Search

Not getting the last week of data in graph when using the filter search Device_Type="mobile"

uagraw01
Builder

uagraw01_0-1662527805116.png

In the above, I am comparing the last 15m data to the current week's 15m data. And I am getting good results.

uagraw01_1-1662527958772.png

But here in the same search when I am using the filter search Device_Type="mobile", I am not getting the last week of data in graph. Please help me out for this.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

uagraw01
Builder

@ITWhisperer  & @gcusello Yes, I can see no events for deviceType for last week. Those events appended to Splunk from 1st sep.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

So, the chart is providing the correct result. Splunk is not particular good at displaying things which don't exist. You can force it to by artificially adding events (with zero counts for example), but you have to tell Splunk which events you want adding.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @uagraw01,

if you haven't events that match the added condition, you have only to modify the search condition or accept these results.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @uagraw01,

there's only one answer: you haven't events that match the condition on week ago.

You can check this running your search only on the first time frame.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This would seem to suggest that you have no events from last week for this device type - have you checked that there are actually events to be found?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...