Splunk Search

Not Results Found Error

Dixie
Loves-to-Learn

I have uploaded a csv dataset into Splunk, and have been able to successfully use the dataset addon and pivot my data and create visualizations. I created reports and dashboards. I then decided to explore my dataset in the investigative search (the regular search command for Splunk). Once I returned back to my dataset it reads no results found. I adjust the time to include all time still no results found. I then go check the reports and dashboards I created and I get an error no results found for each box there should be a chart.

This error happened to me three times before, and I had to recreate all of my work. At the time I thought it was just a bug, not knowing what caused it. I now know I get this error every time I decided to explore my dataset in the investigative search.

Can anyone resolve this?

noresultsfound.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

what is the _time you have seen when you have indexed data from csv file?

Did you change index retention for the index which data is indexed?

Do you have enough space on disk?

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

Dixie
Loves-to-Learn

Yes I have changed nothing, I simply only opened my dataset in the investigative search. I did not like the format and simply went back to working in the dataset and once I created a dashboard I got the error. I  then checked all my previous dashboards and it reads the same error.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...