Splunk Search

Need help decuple only time from below record

bhaskar5428
Explorer

My apologies

i was using "eventTimestamp" instead of  "@timestamp" in my rex command 

i just realized and its working now , However i do not need date in last column need only time.
Please help how to do that.

please find below details 

================================================================================

Query

index=* namespace="dk1017-j" sourcetype="kube:container:kafka-clickhouse-snapshot-writer" message="*Snapshot event published*" AND message="*dbI-LDN*" AND message="*2024-04-03*" AND message="*"
|fields message
|rex field=_raw "\s+date=(?<BusDate>\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2})"
|rex field=_raw "sourceSystem=(?<Source>[^,]*)"
|rex field=_raw "entityType=(?<Entity>\w+)"
|rex field=_raw "\"@timestamp\":\"(?<Time>\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}[T]\d{2}:\d{2})"  --> Please help Here 
|sort Time desc
|dedup Entity
|table Source, BusDate, Entity, Time

================================================================================

Screenshot

bhaskar5428_0-1712226124075.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

raw data

{"@timestamp":"2024-04-04T02:25:59.366Z","level":"INFO","message":"Snapshot event published: SnapshotEvent(version=SnapshotVersion(sourceSystem=dbI-LDN, entityType=ACCOUNT, subType=, date=2024-04-03, version=1, snapshotSize=326718, uuid=8739e273-cedc-482b-b696-48357efc8704, eventTimestamp=2024-04-04T02:24:52.762129638), status=CREATED)","thread":"snapshot-checker-3","loggerName":"com.db.sdda.dc.kafka.snapshot.writer.InternalEventSender"}

Show syntax highlighted

Need only time 02:25:59 AM/PM in last column

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
|rex field=_raw "\"@timestamp\":\"\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}T(?<Time>\d{2}:\d{2})"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bhaskar5428
Explorer

is there way to add AM OR PM according to time.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, extract the full timestamp (including the date), then parse it with strptime() into an epoch time value (number of seconds since 1970), then format it with strftime() using the relevant time variables

Date and time format variables - Splunk Documentation

0 Karma

bhaskar5428
Explorer

Appreciate if you can share some example .

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming your ingest has already parsed your timestamp into the _time field, then you can just format that to get the time

| eval Time=strftime(_time, "%I:%M %p")
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
|rex field=_raw "\"@timestamp\":\"\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}T(?<Time>\d{2}:\d{2})"
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...