Splunk Search

LogFile Troubleshooting - read file issue

JoeSco27
Communicator

I am working in a single node environment (indexer is also deployment-server)and I am having trouble determining why splunk will not index a log file of mine. I set up the configurations in the serverclass.conf and white-listed a new server "server12". This serverclass was already monitoring multiple other servers. The same log file "D:\Logfile\logs.csv" is being monitored on each of the servers and can be seen in the logs coming from all servers except for "server12". I also see other logs coming from "server12" but I do not see the "D:\Logfile\logs.csv" file.

'

My conclusions thus far:

Because I see logs coming from "server12" I know it is not a network/FW issue. And the permissions on the logfile are the same throughout each of the servers so Splunk has permission to read the file.

My question:

Is there a simple way to troubleshoot this or does anyone know if I am missing anything in my configurations?

Running splunk version : Splunk 6.0 (build 182037)

0 Karma

derekarnold
Communicator

I think I see it.

Try this:

[monitor://D:\\Logfilelogs.csv]
0 Karma

JoeSco27
Communicator

Yes, Splunkd and splunkweb were restarted along with a
"splunk reload deploy-server"

Serverclass:
[serverClass:SC-admin]
whitelist.0 = server1
whitelist.1 = server2
whitelist.2 = server3
whitelist.3 = server4
whitelist.4 = server5
whitelist.5 = server6
whitelist.6 = server7
whitelist.7 = server8
whitelist.8 = server9
whitelist.9 = server12

[serverClass:SC-admin:app:SC-loghistory-inputs]

$SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/deployment-apps/SC-loghistory-inputs/local/inputs.conf

[monitor://D:\Logfile\logs.csv]
index = loghistory
sourcetype = csv-2
disabled = false
crcSalt =

0 Karma

strive
Influencer

Did you try restarting splunkd after the changes?
Can you post your serverclass.conf and also your inputs.conf where you have defined monitor stanzas

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...