Splunk Search

Ldapsearch throwing spurious errors.

ifeldshteyn
Communicator

Hello,

I have a Search head cluster and an indexer cluster. 

When I am on one of the searchheads and run this ldapsearch command I get results. It works perfectly. 

| ldapsearch search="(&(objectCategory=Person)(objectClass=User)(lockoutTime>=1))" domain="MYDOMAIN.COM"  basedn="OU=Users,OU=NYHQ,OU=US,DC=MYDOMAIN,DC=com" 

However, all the indexers throw this spurious error, that doesn't seem to impact the results. 

[indexer1.mydomain.com] External search command 'ldapsearch' returned error code 1. Script output = " ERROR "KeyError at ""/opt/splunk/var/run/searchpeers/B8AB8EAB-1DD4-42C8-83DE-945995C604D4-1592589919/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/packages/splunklib/client.py"", line 1653 : u'ldap'" "

When I login directly to my indexers and execute the same ldap search locally, I don't receive any errors. 

SA-ldapsearch is configured on both indexers and searchheads. Each one has valid ldap.conf and passwords.conf  and present in $SPLUNK_HOME$etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch  . I am able to AD authenticate on all of the machines. 

Any idea why I am getting these spurious errors thrown on the searchheads but not the indexers?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...