Splunk Search

Ldapsearch query speed difference

omershira
Explorer

Greetings,

We have a Splunk Environment with 3 Search Head in the SHC.

We try to perform an ldapsearch command using the SA-LDAPsearch 3.0.2 add-on.

The search takes a devastating 18-19 seconds to load on the first and third Search Heads but on the second one it takes 3-4 seconds.

We inspected the job and saw that according to the search.log the second SH indeed takes milliseconds between each action meanwhile the other two take 2-3 seconds between each internal step.

We tried to speed up the ldapsearch with the "attrs" and "basedn" settings but even though it helped a little bit, 19 seconds is still too much time...

The three search heads have identical resources and settings.

What can be the cause of this major difference and what can I do to speed-up the ldapsearch or in what way can I debug it better?

Thanks,

OmerShira

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...