Splunk Search

Joining two index searches and print the common results

parthiban
Path Finder

Dear team,

I need to join the two-index search and print the common ID's count. The below mentioned two different index it work independently, both the index having same correlation_ID but different messages. So common correlation ID count for the both index need to print.

index = Test1  invoked_component="XXXX" "genesys" correlation_id="*" message="Successfully received"
| stats count by correlation_id

index = Test2  invoked_component="YYYY" correlation_id="*"
| where message IN ("Successfully created" , "Successfully updated")

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hi @parthiban ,

do you only that to be sure that the correlation_ID of the first search contains only correlation_IDs of the second you can use a subsearc:

index = Test1  invoked_component="XXXX" "genesys" correlation_id="*" message="Successfully received" [ search index = Test2  invoked_component="YYYY" correlation_id="*" message IN ("Successfully created" , "Successfully updated") | dedup correlation_id | fields correlation_id ]

this method work only if you have less than 50,000 results in the subsearch, otherwise you have to try something like this:

(index = Test1  invoked_component="XXXX" "genesys" correlation_id="*" message="Successfully received") OR (index = Test2  invoked_component="YYYY" correlation_id="*" message IN ("Successfully created" , "Successfully updated"))
| stats dc(index) AS index_count count by correlation_id
| where index_count=2

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

parthiban
Path Finder
index = Test1  invoked_component="XXXX" "genesys" correlation_id="*" message="Successfully received" [ search index = Test2  invoked_component="YYYY" correlation_id="*" message IN ("Successfully created" , "Successfully updated") | dedup correlation_id | fields correlation_id ]

This query is working as expected, slightly I modified the query, Just I put Test 2 is a main search and Test 1 is sub search. 

Thanks for your support@gcusello 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hi @parthiban ,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @parthiban ,

good for you, see next time!

let me know if I can help you more, or, please, accept one answer for the other people of Community.

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma

parthiban
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello 
Thanks for your response,

I need to print count of Test 2 correletion_ID with comparing the test 1 results common correletion_ID, Here the sample results I mentioned. 

parthiban_0-1701234869710.png

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @parthiban 

let me understand: you said the you want to correlate the count of Correrlation_IDs in the two searches, is it correct?

I don't understand where are correlation_IDs in your results and what's the rule 

please try this:

(index = Test1  invoked_component="XXXX" "genesys" correlation_id="*" message="Successfully received") OR (index = Test2  invoked_component="YYYY" correlation_id="*" message IN ("Successfully created" , "Successfully updated"))
| stats 
   count(eval(index="Test1") AS Test1_count 
   count(eval(index="Test2") AS Test2_count
   count 
   BY correlation_id

in this way, you have the results of both searches for corre.atio_ID.

Ciao

Giuseppe

0 Karma

parthiban
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello 
the correlation_ID is a unique value for each record, and each record has distinct messages for each lambda.

Yes, I want to correlate both Test1 and Test2, but the result with the common correlation_ID is printed only in Test2. I have already shared the example.

the below mentioned query is not working throwing  error  mismatch quotes  and/or parenthesis error.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @parthiban ,

yes, sorry, I forgot a parenthesis in the eval command:

| stats 
   count(eval(index="Test1")) AS Test1_count 
   count(eval(index="Test2")) AS Test2_count
   count 
   BY correlation_id

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hi @parthiban ,

do you only that to be sure that the correlation_ID of the first search contains only correlation_IDs of the second you can use a subsearc:

this method work only if you have less than 50,000 results in the subsearch, otherwise you have to try something like this:

| stats dc(index) AS index_count count by correlation_id
| where index_count=2

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...