Splunk Search

Join behaving weird

akshaybahetii

The two queries I believe are similar but still i get very different number of results. I have changed the subsearch and join maxout in limits.conf. "productId" is the only common filed across both tables

sourcetype=all_review earliest=01/01/2012:0:0:0 latest=12/31/2012:23:59:59
| JOIN type=inner productId [SEARCH sourcetype=categories] | where pCategory="Movies"

18000 results returned

sourcetype=all_review earliest=01/01/2012:0:0:0 latest=12/31/2012:23:59:59
| JOIN type=inner productId [SEARCH sourcetype=categories pCategory="Movies"]

221,123 results returned.

I feel a subsearch/join maxout is hard coded in splunk. I need to find a alternative to join here.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi akshaybahetii,

here you have (not an alternative to join but...) the better option for most of the use cases http://answers.splunk.com/answers/129424/how-to-compare-fields-over-multiple-sourcetypes-without-joi...

cheers, MuS

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability - Improvements to Custom Metrics SLOs, Log Observer Connect & ...

The latest enhancements to the Splunk observability portfolio deliver improved SLO management accuracy, better ...

Improve Data Pipelines Using Splunk Data Management

Register Now   This Tech Talk will explore the pipeline management offerings Edge Processor and Ingest ...

3-2-1 Go! How Fast Can You Debug Microservices with Observability Cloud?

Register Join this Tech Talk to learn how unique features like Service Centric Views, Tag Spotlight, and ...