Splunk Search

Is there any way we can control logs generation time?

VijayA
Explorer

Hi, Can you advise on my Query.

Splunk Universal Forwarder installed on client machine, the are generating log files for every 2hrs, is there any way we can control there logs generation time? can we set anything in UF to generate log files for every 30mins and push to Indexer?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @VijayA,

as I said, Splunk continously checks the presence of new logs and reads and sent them.

What's the problem for this behavior?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

VijayA
Explorer

Hi,

NO problem from Splunk side, I'm comparing 2 logs from different servers, both are coming to Splunk in different times, not able to extract the correct results. Hence, checking if there any possibility to control.

Thanks for your inputs! 

0 Karma

VijayA
Explorer

Hi,

You mean, we can't control the frequency of sending logs from UF to Index, like for every 30mins? 

I have no issues with bandwidth occupation,  only I want to know is can we set any time frequency to send logs. 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @VijayA,

as I said, Splunk continously checks the presence of new logs and reads and sent them.

What's the problem for this behavior?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @VijayA,

Splunk reads and immediately sends files when they are generated, the generation frequency hasn't inpact one the UF activity.

If you want to limit the bandwidth occupation of your data, you can setup a limit of the dimension of the data packets sent by the UF, but you don't need any intervene on the frequency.

ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...