Splunk Search

Is there any way to optimize this query to increase performance?

shafee_anwar

We are trying to create a query to get list of fields in all sourcetypes grouped by sourcetype and index. 

We tried to use following query but it's performance is very slow. 

| tstats count WHERE index IN(main,_introspection) GROUPBY index, sourcetype
| rename index AS indexname, sourcetype AS sourcetypename
| map maxsearches=100 search="| search index=\"$indexname$\" sourcetype=\"$sourcetypename$\" | head 1|fieldsummary | eval index=\"$indexname$\", sourcetype=\"$sourcetypename$\" | WHERE NOT isnull(mean) | fields index, sourcetype, field"

Since there can be any number of sourcetypes(350+ for index=main), maxsearches cannot be set to such a high number.

Is there any way to optimize this query to increase performance or any other query that will do the job without any performance lag?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...