Splunk Search

Is there a way to run a batch of savedqueries using splunk rather than python or REST?

iTechEvent
Explorer

| savedquery Q1 -> this runs okay

| savedquery Q1 | savedquery Q2 -> not okay. splunk error.

| savedquery Q1, Q2 -> not okay, splunk error.

| savedsearch Q1 | append [savedsearch Q2 ] | append [savedsearch Q3 ] | append [savedsearch Q4] --> okay and runs, but once the first one runs, not the rest.

Is it possible run a batch of saved queries in splunk?
Is automation using python, rest the only choice?

I am trying to keep it simple if possible. Anything I can try?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

iTechEvent
Explorer

First the 2 queries need to be run one after the other since the first creates a csv files which second query reads. There needs to be serial than parallel execution.

Is there a serial search version of multisearch which runs queries at the same time?

0 Karma

jonuwz
Influencer

What are you actually trying to achieve by doing this ? Have the output of all the savedsearches on the dashboard ?

If so - try this

0 Karma

iTechEvent
Explorer

Its good if I can run the rest command from splunk itself, 2 queries one after the other, preferable checking the status for successful completion.

| rest /servicesNS/admin/search/saved/searches | search title="*threshold"

Then you can add

| map maxsearches=20 search="| savedsearch \"$title$\" | eval savedsearch=\"$title$\" "

The 2 queries have different earliest and latest values and cant be run with the same time values. It looks like that is still a constraint and the above wont work.

Any other suggestions?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

In case multisearch doesn't work, you can have all your saved searches running in dashboard panels and can schedule dashboard to run at a schedule.

0 Karma

mbenwell
Communicator

You could try the multisearch command

0 Karma
.conf21 Now Fully Virtual!
Register for FREE Today!

We've made .conf21 totally virtual and totally FREE! Our completely online experience will run from 10/19 through 10/20 with some additional events, too!