Splunk Search

Is there a way to highlight a table cell a certain color based on the date value?

dreschke
Explorer

I have a table in splunk that has the following fields:

Tool; End_Of_Support;

The End_Of_Support field has different dates listed in it in the following format: 1/01/2017.

The data is coming from a monitored file on my system and is only updated when I update the file.

Is there a way that i can highlight the End_Of_Support field cell red if the date within that cell is within 7 days of that value?

Thank you for you help and support?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Create a P0 support case and ask for an Enhancement Request so that conditions on a field can change the color of another field, which is not possible right now. Currently a field can only change colors based on his own values. I agree that this would be a useful feature. Of course, I am speaking only of Simple XML, you can do your own magic in JS if you like...

0 Karma

s2_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Take a look at the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples App. There you can find an example called "Table Cell Highlighting". This is used to color the cell based on a numeric value in the cell. You should be able to customize it to your needs with the proper calculation of your data range.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...