Splunk Search

Is there a repository for queries folks use?

billconnell
Engager

I am hoping there is a place were sample queries that stored? I'm new to splunk and hope there is a repository of queries and description of what they do is avialable. My guess is most folks want to know basic data like. what are the top ten hosts by events sent, charts for what is being sent by host and other basic information that might help a person tune the amount of events coming in per day from 150 hosts. Thanks, Bill

Tags (1)

hagjos43
Contributor

Yes there is now!
www.gosplunk.com

The site is in its infancy but is growing with queries daily! I'm currently signed up and an active user.

MartinMcNutt
Communicator

Very good start.

Thanks

0 Karma

southeringtonp
Motivator

Not as such, but there's lots of good information in the Search Reference portion of the docs. For charting, take a look at About Reports And Charts in the User Manual.

In particular, have a look at the Search Command Cheat Sheet, which has a number of sample queries:
      http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.5/SearchReference/SearchCheatSheet

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...