Splunk Search

Is there a possibility to find out the list of curl commands executed in the Splunk using spl

_pravin
Communicator

Hi Community,

We have encountered a weird case with the curl command. One of the users was running a curl command to get a response from a server and run an SPL search on it. Since the time limit was not mentioned on the curl command, the response was used to go back in time and retrieve all the data ever produced from the URL. This process would take time to retrieve information and would die in the server. This was found once we had a slowness issue with the server and had added the time parameters. Now the issue with slowness is fixed.

However, I would like to check on the possibility to get the list of curl commands executed in Splunk. Or are some other alternatives to get the list of curl commands getting executed in Splunk?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pravin

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...