Splunk Search

Is there a function to get the week day from any given epoch time?

manus
Communicator

I know how to get the week day from raw events, the week day is stored in the field date_wday.
However, I wonder if there's a function to compute the week day from an epoch time, as I want to get it from a field on a table which doesn't come from a raw event _time.

Tags (4)
1 Solution

manus
Communicator

I once again replied to my own question... Maybe I shouldn't ask so quickly...

|eval date_wday=strftime(epochtime,"%w")

View solution in original post

aweitzman
Motivator

<search> | eval dayofweekshort=strftime(epochtime,"%a") | eval dayofweekfull=strftime(epochtime,"%A") | eval dayofweekasnumber=strftime(epochtime,"%w")

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Commontimeformatvariables

manus
Communicator

I once again replied to my own question... Maybe I shouldn't ask so quickly...

|eval date_wday=strftime(epochtime,"%w")

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...