Splunk Search

Is it possible to create a view showing all events coming from an IP and/user name?

carmella_vitug

I'd like to create a dashboard where I could easily search for events coming from a specific IP address or username.

For example:

It would show where that specific IP address was logged on to, URL it accessed, if it was locked out and all that stuff considering all security appliance was added on SPLUNK such as IPS, Web Gateway, Endpoint Protection, active directory and the like.

Just like how should an SIEM should work.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming you integrated with your IPS etc using CIM compliant TAs, then you can install the Splunk CIM and use the Intrusion Detection or the Network Traffic data models.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1621/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...