Splunk Search

Is it possible for an external lookup to match on either of two fields rather than both?

jambajuice
Communicator

I'm trying to create a dashboard that will add vulnerability data from OSVDB to the results of a Nessus scan. I've created a lookup table from the content of the Nessus plugins that is like the following:

Nessus_ID,nessus_plugin_name,cve_id,osvdb_id 1,Buffer Exploit,2009-0142,, 2,Memory Overflow,,56314 3,Remote Exploit,2008-3456,34578

Some Nessus plugins only have a CVE reference. Others only have OSVDB. Some have both. Is it possible to do a lookup that will match on either cve_id, osvdb_id or both (if both are present)?

Thanks.

Craig

Tags (1)

Stephen_Sorkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can't do this easily with a single lookup, but you can just run both lookups, one based on CVE and one based on OSVDB and the first to match will win.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...