Splunk Search

I want to pick up values from different columns from lookup files according to the sourcetype.

veerendra_modi
Loves-to-Learn

I want to pick up values from different lookup files according to the sourcetype.
| lookup error_rules.csv EventSubType Criticality OUTPUT wait_time threshold_count window_limit

Say i have two source type 1 and type2

For type1 i want to lookup EventSubType and Criticality_type1 in lookup error_rules.csv
For type2 i want to lookup EventSubType and Criticality_type2 in lookup error_rules.csv

Please suggest the solution for this scenario if case needs to be used let me know how it will be implemented.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

... | eval Criticality = if(sourceype="type1", Criticality_type1, Criticality_type2)
| lookup error_rules.csv EventSubType Criticality OUTPUT wait_time threshold_count window_limit
| fields - Criticality
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Just add sourcetype to your lookup file.

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

not sure i fully understand, but how about something along those lines:

... your search ... (sourcetype=1 OR sourcetype=2) ... | lookup error_rules.csv EventSubType Criticality OUTPUT wait_time threshold_count window_limit
| eval Criticality_type1= if(sourcetype=="1",Criticality,null())
| eval Criticality_type2= if(sourcetype=="2",Criticality,null())
| .... more stuff if you want 
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...