Splunk Search

I want to extract list of all clients deployed in Splunk along with the location of splunkd on those clients

krutika_ag
Engager

Hi,

There are a lot of clients in my architecture and every other splunk instance is deployed in either /opt/bank/splunk OR /opt/insurance/splunk OR /opt/splunk

Hence I want to run a command to extract list of all clients along with the path where splunkd is running.

How can i achieve this, please suggest

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

krutika_ag
Engager

This is the query that helped me get the required output.

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd | stats count by source,host | regex source="(?:\/|\x5c)splunkd\.log$" | rex field=source "(?<installation_path>.*)(?:\/|\x5c)var(?:\/|\x5c)"

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @krutika_ag ,

let us know if we can help you more, or, please, accept one answer for the other people of Community.

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated by all the contributors 😉

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @krutika_ag ,

if these splunk servers are sending internal logs to Splunk you could use something like this:

for Windows servers:

index=_internal
| rex field=source "^(?<splunk_home>.*)Splunk"
| dedup host
| table host splunk_home

for linux servers:

index=_internal
| rex field=source "^(?<splunk_home>.*)splunk"
| dedup host
| table host splunk_home

Ciao.

Giuseppe

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Where is this information coming from?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...