Splunk Search

How to view the currently running search of Splunk and display the amount of memory consumed during search command?

spl_stu
Explorer

How to view the currently running search of Splunk and display the amount of memory consumed during the execution of this search command? Based on this information, I would like to pause some searches with high memory usage.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Alerts for splunk admins has an example for historical searches using the introspection data. Refer to my signature for a link 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @spl_stu,

as you can read at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.4/RESTREF/RESTsearch#search.2Fjobs , you can use REST API to extract this kind of information.

So try:

| REST /services/search/jobs

Then you can choose the information you need.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

spl_stu
Explorer
Okay, thank you for your suggestion. This issue has been resolved so far.
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @spl_stu,

good for you, see next time!

Please accept one answer for the other people of Community

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...