Splunk Search

How to use stats dc and get last time of occurrence?

dieguiariel
Path Finder

Hi! im trying to detect multiple user access from the same source (same mobile device). Im feeding splunk with logs from a mobile app like this:

09:50:14,524 INFO [XXXXXXXXXXXX] (default task-XXXXXX) [ authTipoPassword=X, authDato=XXXXX, authTipoDato=X, nroDocEmpresa=X, tipoDocEmpresa=X, authCodCanal=XXX, authIP=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, esDealer=X, dispositivoID=XXXXXXXXXX, dispositivoOS=XXXXX ]

im using the following search

search XXXX |  stats dc(authDato) as count,values(authDato) as AuthDato by dispositivoID dispositivoOS authIP | where count > 1 | sort - count 

and get almost all the info i wanted (like two different users - authDato - from same deviceID (dispositivoID), but i would like to enrich the data with the last time of ocurrence for the event.

Is there a way to include this information? 

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

dieguiariel
Path Finder

Thanks! how can i get the value of "latest" on the results?

The table shows only

dispositivoID dispositivoOS authIP Country City count AuthDato

is it possible to get the latest time next to AuthDato?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @dieguiariel,

latest is the value of the timestamp of the latest event of each group of values.

If you don't see it in your results, please share your search because, using my search it's present.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

dieguiariel
Path Finder

hi sorry i didnt explain myself correctly, it shows the lasttime of lastocurrence of the grouped events, but i will like to show the last time of ocurrence of every item on the grouped list like this:

include the lastest time of ocurrence for 3546316, the latest time of 6320818 and so on.

dispositivoID dispositivoOS authIP count AuthDato latest

062FC4DB-034D-4CA3-B6BD-72C5A471F0AAiOSXXX.XXX.XXX.XXX3

2023-01-31 18:59:37

2023-01-31 17:45:36

2023-01-31

16:32:24

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @dieguiariel,

you could add the latest option to ths tats command:

search XXXX 
|  stats 
   dc(authDato) AS count
   values(authDato) AS AuthDato 
   latest(_time) AS latest
   BY dispositivoID dispositivoOS authIP 
| where count > 1 
| sort - count 
| eval latest=strftime(latest,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...