Splunk Search

How to use mvcount to get the accurate count of a keyword by source

skakani114

I have logs that have a keyword "*CLP" repeated multiple times in each event. I am trying the get the total counts of CLP in each event. here is the search I am using. The problem I am facing is this search is working fine with small size events but when it comes to large events with more CLP counts, the results are not accurate. please help me to get the accurate count?

index="idx" source="*TAPSSC_123.123"  "*CLP*" |eval tokens = lower(replace(_raw, "\W+", " ")) |makemv tokens |eval matches = mvfilter(match(tokens, "^clp$")) |eval count_CLP = mvcount(matches) |stats sum(count_CLP) as CLP_count by source

Log sample:
You will see CLP keyword like that repeated multiple times in an event.
abvfyatfpwutnqwa25~CLP*k123456*1REF*6T*P1282158997301~AMT*c120~CLP*P11802586130*1*356612125491516

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@skakani114 ,

Try this and test against your data

index="idx" source="*TAPSSC_123.123" "CLP"
|rex field=_raw max_match=0 "(?<clps>(?i)(CLP))"|stats count by clps
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

skakani114

Thankyou so much for you help. i use this query and i am still not getting the accurate result. could you please suggest how to proceed?
is there any limits.conf to check ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...