Splunk Search

How to sort columns in chart with row-split

lem

Hi,

I need to graph data per Area split by WeekNumber:

| chart Values by Area WeekNumber
Both - Values and WeekNuber are numbers, however WeekNmubers in the graph are sorted as if they are string type ( 10, 11, 9 instead of 9, 10, 11).
alt text
If I swap series:
| chart Values by WeekNuber Area
the WeekNumbers are sorted correctly on X-Axis (9, 10, 11).
alt text
I tried using "sort WeekNumber" and didn't have any impact on column order.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As a mildly dirty workaround, you could use 09 as your week number - then string ordering will do what you need.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mikymasterlace

[OT] sorry this is not an answer, but could you tell me how to display values above the columns charts? thankyou so much!

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In the chart's format menu's general tab, turn on "show data values".

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As a mildly dirty workaround, you could use 09 as your week number - then string ordering will do what you need.

0 Karma

lem

Thank you Martin, Appending zero did the trick. Wish there was a better way to do this though. Cheers!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...