Splunk Search

How to show fields conditionally in search?

djoobbani
Path Finder

Dear Splunk Community:

I have the following search query:

<Basic_Search> | chart count by path_template, http_status_code | addtotals fieldname=total
| foreach 2* 3* 4* 5* [ eval "percent_<<FIELD>>"=round(100*'<<FIELD>>'/total,2),
"<<FIELD>>"=if('<<FIELD>>'=0 , '<<FIELD>>', '<<FIELD>>'." (".'percent_<<FIELD>>'."%)")] | fields - percent_* total 2* 3* 4*

Attached is the screen result of the above query which shows the 500s columns.

I need to modify the above search so that it only displays the numbers where the percentage is great than 0.01%. How do i do that?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Change the foreach statement to do this

[ eval "percent_<<FIELD>>"=round(100*'<<FIELD>>'/total,2),
        "<<FIELD>>"=case('<<FIELD>>'=0 , '<<FIELD>>', 'percent_<<FIELD>>'>0.01, '<<FIELD>>'." (".'percent_<<FIELD>>'."%)", true(), null())] 

i.e the percentage threshold of 0.01 or above will allow the value to be shown, otherwise it will clear it

View solution in original post

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Change the foreach statement to do this

[ eval "percent_<<FIELD>>"=round(100*'<<FIELD>>'/total,2),
        "<<FIELD>>"=case('<<FIELD>>'=0 , '<<FIELD>>', 'percent_<<FIELD>>'>0.01, '<<FIELD>>'." (".'percent_<<FIELD>>'."%)", true(), null())] 

i.e the percentage threshold of 0.01 or above will allow the value to be shown, otherwise it will clear it

djoobbani
Path Finder

Thank you!

0 Karma

djoobbani
Path Finder

You rock, thanks this works!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...