Splunk Search

How to search for all Indexes and sort by amount indexed per day / license ?

shandman
Path Finder

I'm trying to write a search where I can list all indexes in our Splunk environment, and ingestion rate per day. i.e. license usage.

0 Karma
1 Solution

cpetterborg
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a "chargeback" dashboard that does this. We do it by index (sometimes combining a couple of them per customer), but I think it is what you want. You should be able to do something like this:

index=_internal source=*license_usage.log type="Usage" | stats sum(b) as b by idx | eval GB=(b/1024/1024/1024) | sort -GB | fields - b

View solution in original post

shandman
Path Finder

This is perfect! Thank you! I just need to get results back from the search now... ideas?

0 Karma

cpetterborg
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a "chargeback" dashboard that does this. We do it by index (sometimes combining a couple of them per customer), but I think it is what you want. You should be able to do something like this:

index=_internal source=*license_usage.log type="Usage" | stats sum(b) as b by idx | eval GB=(b/1024/1024/1024) | sort -GB | fields - b
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...