Splunk Search

How to run a dashboard search in verbose mode through Simple XML?

rdownie
Communicator

I am trying to run a dashboard search in verbose mode. I am using workflow actions from within the events, but the required fields for the workflow action are not populating. I need this to be done in simple XML (through simple XML).

Lowell
Super Champion

Ran into the same basic problem, and still can't find any explicit support for "Verbose" mode in Simple XML as of Splunk 6.5. However, that being said, a very simple but effective work around is to simply add a | fields * to your search.

<base search> | fields * | ...

frobinson_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @rdownie,
You could try adjusting the settings for the saved search that drives this visualization. In savedsearches.conf, there is a display.page.search.mode setting that allows you to set the mode.

See

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/Admin/Savedsearchesconf#Display_Formatting_Options

See also this previous Answers discussion for more info and possible limitations on the setting:

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/124352/scheduled-report-in-verbose-mode.html

Hope this helps!

0 Karma

rdownie
Communicator

I figured a workaround, by adding fieldname=* fieldname2=* to the search, it added them to the output in fast mode. I would like to still find a way to force it to verbose mode in a dashboard if that is possible.

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't think so there is an option in Simple xml to change search mode (in advanced xml, yes). Your solution is more of best practice than workaround.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...