Splunk Search

How to run Splunk searches in a custom REST endpoint?

i2sheri
Communicator

I have implemented a custom rest end point and it's working. Now I have another requirement to run Splunk searches in the same rest end point, so I would like to know the best practice for it.

I've tried calling search/jobs rest point, but I do not see actual search results

0 Karma
1 Solution

i2sheri
Communicator

I've tried singleshot search to services/search/jobs end point with python requests and it works.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

i2sheri
Communicator

I've tried singleshot search to services/search/jobs end point with python requests and it works.

0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

When you POST to /services/search/jobs, the response from the splunk server should be a search id (sid). You will then need to do a GET request to /services/search/jobs//results to get the results from splunk (when they are ready)

Alternatively you can use the /services/search/jobs/export endpoint. This will stream the results back to you.

0 Karma

i2sheri
Communicator

I've already tried singleshot search to services/search/jobs end point with splunk.rest.simpleRequest() but I did not receive results. No luck with /services/search/jobs/export endpoint too.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...