Splunk Search

How to remove unwanted row base on condition of column data?

Explorer

Hi, I am new in Splunk, 

if I want to remove the display of all column field for T9_LotID_LaneA,T9_LotID_LaneB,T9_LotIB_LaneC,T9_LotID_LaneD, was empty or null value

my base search:

OWA03 AND ID = "T9 Hot DI Air Temp.(Upper Chamber) HTC5.1 PV" OR ID = "T9 Hot DI Humidity PV" OR ID = "T9 Hot DI N2 Diffuser Temp.HTC4.1 PV" OR ID = "T9 Hot DI Water Process Temp.HTC2.1 PV" OR ID = "T9_LotID_LaneA" OR ID = "T9_LotID_LaneB" OR ID = "T9_LotID_LaneC" OR ID = "T9_LotID_LaneD"
|timechart span=3s cont=false latest(Value) by ID

the results:

324981_1-1656040484028.png

please advise ,

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, these fields hold non-numerics (strings) so comparing to "0" makes more sense although perhaps using != "" would be more appropriate?

View solution in original post

Explorer

it work well now. Thanks for the help.

0 Karma

Explorer

below is the column field that I want to filter:

(((ID = "T9_LotID_LaneA" AND Value >0 AND Value!="03_Dummy")) OR ((ID = "T9_LotID_LaneB" AND Value >0 AND Value!="03_Dummy")) OR ((ID = "T9_LotID_LaneC" AND Value >0 AND Value!="03_Dummy")) OR ((ID = "T9_LotID_LaneD" AND Value >0 AND Value!="03_Dummy")))

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

OWA03 AND ID = "T9 Hot DI Air Temp.(Upper Chamber) HTC5.1 PV" OR ID = "T9 Hot DI Humidity PV" OR ID = "T9 Hot DI N2 Diffuser Temp.HTC4.1 PV" OR ID = "T9 Hot DI Water Process Temp.HTC2.1 PV" OR ID = "T9_LotID_LaneA" OR ID = "T9_LotID_LaneB" OR ID = "T9_LotID_LaneC" OR ID = "T9_LotID_LaneD"
| where (T9_LotID_LaneA >0 AND T9_LotID_LaneA !="03_Dummy") OR (T9_LotID_LaneB >0 AND T9_LotID_LaneB !="03_Dummy") OR (T9_LotID_LaneC >0 AND T9_LotID_LaneC !="03_Dummy") OR (T9_LotID_LaneD >0 AND T9_LotID_LaneD !="03_Dummy")
0 Karma

Explorer

Hi ITWhisperer,

Thank you for your help.

the result : show empty. but after I change from >0 to >" 0" it show the results. What does it mean from >0 to >"0" is it for integer value and string value ?

| where (T9_LotID_LaneA >"0" AND T9_LotID_LaneA !="03_Dummy") OR (T9_LotID_LaneB >"0" AND ID.T9_LotID_LaneB !="03_Dummy") OR (T9_LotID_LaneC >"0" AND T9_LotID_LaneC !="03_Dummy") OR (T9_LotID_LaneD >"0" AND T9_LotID_LaneD !="03_Dummy")

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, these fields hold non-numerics (strings) so comparing to "0" makes more sense although perhaps using != "" would be more appropriate?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...